Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Flaming Gorge 2008



We had so much fun this year. Addy was so cute and so daring. She rode the tube with Joe and I and wanted it faster and rougher. Grandpa did give us a couple of big waves and I thought she might be a little scared. Nope, she just kept saying again, again. I sense that we are in trouble with her. =] She loved the water, camping & sleeping in the tent. Joe and my tube ride alone was a different story. We hit some HUGE waves. With the first one we both slammed our faces on the tube resulting in fat lips for both of us and a huge bruise a crossed the top of my nose for me. Then we hit the second wave that launched both of us in the air, opposite directions about 8-9 feet. I had a pretty kinked neck and Joe swore he had internal bleeding from landing on his side. (I guess it wasn't that bad, because he got back on the next day with Jay for another ride)It was so fun to spent time with our family. The Flaming Gorge trip is a tradition that has been going on long before I was born. My Grandpa & Grandma Bonnett used to do it with my dad and his brothers and sister when they were little. Now they are bringing their kids and grandkids. Here are the pictures from the trip. Can't wait till next year!!

1 comments:

Holly and Matthew said...

Oh how fun Jess!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! What a great trip!!! YAHOO!!! :) love ya :)