Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Please...Don't Smoke!!!

The other day Joe and I were driving home and Addy was in the back drinking water with a straw. This is what happened next...

Addy: Look Mom, I'm Smoking!!
(Joe and I turn around and she has pulled the straw out of the drink and has it in her mouth like she is smoking.)
Joe: Where in the heck has she seen someone smoking enough to know how to do it?!?
Me: I have no idea!!! I have never even mentioned the word smoke or smoking around her!
Joe: Addy, where have you seen smoking?
Addy: Laughing!! I'm smoking!!
Me: Addy, who have you seen smoking? Who smokes?
Addy: On...Pinocchio, Pinocchio smokes! Just like this mom!


hahaha!! Trust my little two year old to pick up on the only bad thing in that movie. (Okay, besides the lying, drinking, running away from home and talking to strangers!!) I never even thought twice about it! I used to watch that show all the time when I was little. Now I know why all the new Disney movie's don't have those kind of things in them.

9 comments:

jaime said...

Ha ha I never did like that lying, smoking pinocchio!!

Crow Family said...

What a smart funny girl!! Too cute

haley said...

They are so much smarter than anyone gives them credit for!

Ashley Bogard said...

Oh our little Addy! That is so cute, and yes leave it to her to pick up the one bad thing in the movie!

Natalie said...

Oh my heck that just proves how smart little kids are. They pick up on everything!! hehe she is a funny little girl!

Holly and Matthew said...

Oh my goodness. HOW OBSERVANT! Doesn't it make you wonder what they are not saying? :) :) Children are a lot smarter than I give them credit for. :) :)

Nielson's said...

oh don't so did ela, only when I found out we were shopping at macey's and she grabbed the smarties they give out for free and told everyone she was smoking!

Kim said...

Kids! Always smarter then we think. Hope you are hanging in there and feeling a little better!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

haha that's funny. it's funny the things you don't think a kid will pick up... Addy is so funny! I love her personality.