Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No Fun!



As many of you already know, last week, while walking down the stairs, I tripped over my extremely long pants and broke four bones in my foot. Because the embarrassment of falling down the stairs wasn't enough. I ended up needing surgery and pins put in. I am going in tomorrow at 9:00 am to have this done. I don't know why I am freaking out!? I guess it could be, that I have watched way too many episodes of "ER" reruns and if you don't know, that show always has the worst case scenario. Even though I will have to spend the next two weeks in bed and then the next six weeks after that walking with crutches, not driving, using a shower chair, sadly asking for one of the Walmart motorized wheelchairs to grocery shop and not being able to take care of little Addy. I have pulled several very positive things from this experience. I will never take my feet for granted ever again or for the ability to walk without thinking about it. I have the most amazing family and friends!! Joe started the night shift at work, so that he could be home during the day to take care of Addy and I. It has been a 24 hour job for him. I appreciate and love you so much!!! I also can't even tell you how much Joe's parents and my parents have helped out. They have taken Addy every night after Joe goes to work. Bathed her, feed her, read her books, loved her up and put her to bed. Love you guys!! I couldn't do this without you!! Little Addy...thanks for the many kisses on the foot and the concerns you had with me walking on my crutches. You are the sweetest girl ever and I LOVE YOU TO PIECES!
So many of my friends have offered to help out with dinners and babysitting...Krista, Ash, Katie, Kristy, Holly, Nicole, Heather... you guys are the BEST!! I am so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you so much for your friendship!! When I read back through this, it really sounds as if I am not going to make it out of this alive! LOL! I just want you all to know how much your concern has helped me! Here's to tomorrow and finally... the road to recovery! =]

4 comments:

Heath & Ege said...

That is def. no fun woman!! You are going to be fine and hopefully back to 100% before you know it! Love ya! Let me know if you need anything!

Miss Nicole said...

Jess, I am so sad to hear about your foot! I found you blog on Anna and Dave's. It is so fun to look at everyone's pictures. I love looking at Alyse and Stefan's to get updates on Oliver. I hope everything went okay!

Nielson's said...

Jess, good luck with your surgery I totally feel for you. Yeah don't you wish you were doing something totally crazy and broke your foot, instead of having to tell everyone you feel down the stairs! After it is all over you can have a good laugh when you think back!

Kristy said...

Sorry to hear about your foot! Wish I lived closer so I could give you a hand, let me know if there is anything I can do!