Friday, March 28, 2008

Update on "The Bet..."

I hesitated to post this because frankly, I hate being wrong. =]
We went to the doctor's office two weeks ago and they did in fact remove the cast. This is for Joe..."You were right and I was wrong!"
They then wrapped it in gauze an ace bandage and put me back in the walking boot. But, he told me still non-weight bearing for 4 more weeks. (This was two weeks ago) He said to schedule an appt. to come back in in two more weeks (today) and he would remove the pins and I would only have 2 more weeks to go, before I could start putting pressure on it and start the physical therapy. I was so happy!
Well, we went in today and no such luck. He said that because the pins are still not showing any signs of infection yet, he wanted to try and get 1 more week out of them. He also said that he thinks it will be another 3-4 weeks with no pressure!! WHAT!?!?! I was pretty disappointed to say the least.
Anyway I have another appt next Thursday for the pin removal. We will see how it goes.
Joe couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a couple pictures of my foot without the bandages. I think they are totally GROSS, but I thought some of you might find them interesting....if not, don't proceed any further. LOL!






6 comments:

Doug and Brandy said...

That seriously looks soooo painful!!!! that is a total bummer that it will still be another 4 weeks till you can put preasure on it!!!

jaime said...

ouch! I think the pins would be more painful than the fall! Hope everything goes ok

Melisa said...

Wow that is more than I could take! That looks so painful! Good luck with everything!

Holly and Matthew said...

Oh Jess.... ;( I hope your foot continues to recovery properly. Good luck! :) WOW, the day you can start walking again... YAHOO!!! ;)

Love you ;)

Linds Forrest said...

I open your blog and start reading then I scroll down and BAM there is, well, um... very intersting pictures. I hope your not in pain! That just isn't right... those things in your foot like that. Just not right.

Heath & Ege said...

okay the pics of your foot is crazy with the pins coming out of it!! kinda freaky!! how are you feeling?