Friday, October 31, 2008

Grumpy, Sick Little Witch...Happy Halloween!!

Addy has been so excited for Halloween this year. I bought her costume the first of September and she has begged to wear it everyday since. Over the last couple of months, she had perfected her witch laugh and learned how to cast a spell with her special "Witch Lawned" (Witch Wand)
But to my surprise Addy woke up at 1:00am on Halloween Eve with a bad cold. All stuffed up and running a fever. She was up all night! So you can imagine what our day was like today. She was so excited but too sick/tired/grumpy to enjoy it. We went to the trick-or-treat on Springville main and then she came back to the house to hand out candy. After a few knocks she kept saying "Mommy, Addy Jayne trick-or-treat?" I felt so bad... so I gave her some Motrin and we headed out to a couple houses in our neighborhood. She loved it, so I was glad we ventured out.
Halloween is bad luck for us, last year she had only been home for 3 days after being hospitalized for Pneumonia. So we didn't do much last year either to say the least.
Here's to next year and to a healthy, Happy Halloween!!

She didn't want any pictures!

13 comments:

Crow Family said...

what a super cute witch! I love that costume! no wonder she wanted to wear it everyday. I love that Addy Jayne wanted to go trick or treating so much.

Melisa said...

What a cute witch! I'm sorry she was sick! I'm glad she could have a little fun.

Shaun & April said...

So cute! Up until about 2 years ago, we had Kyson in the hospital with croup every Halloween. We feel your pain. He has now outgrown it for the most part and can enjoy Halloween.

jaime said...

Poor girl!! She looks darling though!

Ashley Bogard said...

I know just how she feels! But man she was the cutest little witch ever! I love that costume, and she wore the hat even. I think every year we need to go to St. George to get Halloween costumes, what do you think! :)

haley said...

That is the cutest witch costume! Sounds like everybody is getting sick. That sucks.

Robertson family said...

I wish I had a girl just so I could get this costume!!! So darling!! Sorry to hear Addie is sick! I hate this time of year just for the fact that Ethan always gets pneumonia. Hopefully he is grown out of it this year :)I haven't talked to you forever...how are things?

[Morgan] said...

she's seriously adorable.
i love her costume. i'd want to wear it early too....
we were sick all week too! bummer.

happy halloween!

nancy said...

SHe is so cute. I am sorry she was sick thats no fun.

Holly and Matthew said...

OKAY, she looks soooo cute! ) Did someone make this? :) ADORABLE :) She is getting so big every single time I see pics of her. :) I hope you are doing well! ;) love ya :)

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

She is so cute.... and I love her little personality. Funny how she's perfectly fine in one picture... and then way sad in the next :(
I love her shoes too! are they squeakers?

Kaci said...

That witch costume is so dang cute! Sorry to hear she was sick...it seems to me like they are always sick on holidays! What's up with that?

Also, we went private a couple of days ago, so e-mail me with your e-mail address and I will send you an invite! kaci.nielson@gmail.com

Galo Fab 5 said...

What a freaking cute costume! Love it. Sorry to hear she is sick. We know all about that around here. I really hope she is feeling better! A sick kid is no fun.