Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering SevenYears Ago Today...

I couldn't let this day pass without acknowledging the brave men and women of our country. Thank you for all of your dedication and loyalty. And to everyone that lost their lives on 9-11-01 & the brave hero's that risked their lives trying to save another.
This day as always hit a little close to home with me. I was living just 20 miles north of New York City in Scarsdale when this occurred. You could see the smoke from the burning towers from the house. Several neighbors and friends were in the streets crying over loved ones that they had lost.The phone lines were all down, so at first I wasn't able to contact my family in Utah or the people that I nannied for, Gary & Michelle who were both lawyers in the city. I remember wondering if I would ever see my them or my family again. With all of the planes going down, I remember thinking, "Are they going to start dropping bombs, this is a serious attack!" What a day in history. When I finally got through to Gary, he described in detail what it was like watching the towers collapse from his office window. Can you imagine?
My entire family had just came out to visit me three months earlier. And on June 11th, 2001 we had all been on the top of the World Trade Center taking pictures. Three months exactly to the date.

Me with the kids I nannied for. Madison, Victoria & Little Adam.

Me with my dad and brothers. June 11th 2001 - On top of the World Trade Center

Another picture with my mom in it.

At Ground Zero. Two months after it happened.

My good friend Ashley came out to visit over Thanksgiving weekend 2001. Behind us you can see the remains of the south tower.

The New York skyline from the Statue of Liberty about 8 months prior to 9-11

After... it just isn't the same.
Me showing some AMERICA LOVE!! What an amazing and blessed country we live in!!
This picture was taken in the NEW YORK museum of natural history.

I had to throw this one in for old times sake. One of my good friends, Dani and I on our adventure to the City on New Years Eve 2001!! (I couldn't have made it out there without you Dani. I am forever grateful for your friendship! Remember how cold that was?!?)
MAY PEACE BE WITH THE FAMILIES OF THE LOVED ONES LOST. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

4 comments:

jaime said...

That was so cool to read! What an awesome experience! I have to say I knew you were in NY and thought about you in 01. I am glad you & your NY family were all safe. Thanks for sharing :)

dani said...

Wow! What a great post! I remember my mom waking me up, calling me on the phone that morning to turn on the news-I was shocked thinking about just having left there and I would have been at work that day-crazy. That picture was so much fun. I miss you and wish we lived closer.

Ashley Bogard said...

Look at me I'm skinny! haha That was a nice tribute, I remember talking to you the day it happened and we didn't know what was going on yet. I remember being scared that you were out there. So when we going back to shop!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

It's crazy how long it's been since september 11th. I doesn't really seem like those towers are gone...I mean when I picture New York I picture the towers still there...I agree it's just not New York without them. Do you still keep in touch with the family you nannied for?